Is possible you may have heard of the word “easybuy” from friends and family or from advert and publicity but you are unsure of what it actually entails, don’t worry, in this article we will explain in details What easybuy phones in Nigeria means, how you can buy phone through easybuy, types of phones available on easybuy and their prices.
Easybuy also known as “buy now, pay later,”
This implies that if you want to buy a phone but don’t have enough money, all you have to do is go to any Easy Buy Outlet or a phone store that operate Easybuy, select the phone of your choice, and pay some percentage know as deposit usually between 10%- 30% (most time 10%) of the phone price, the remaining balance will be paid in instalment every month for a certain agreed number of months.
SEE ALSO: Business ideas with low capital
Let break this down in practical way:
Are you curious about how much you will initially pay? and how much you will pay for a simple purchase. To help you fully understand the Easybuy phone before you go there, let’s now do some few calculations here.
Let’s say you want to get a phone from an easybuy store nearby, and the cost of the phone is 100,000 naira and you are asked to pay 10% of the money. By simple calculation 10% of 100,000 will give us ten thousand naira [N10,000]. That means you will only need to pay N10,000 as deposit and have the phone.
How will the remaining N90,000 be paid now? You can select 3, 4, or 6 months when asked how many months you need to finish paying the money.
Assuming you select six months, that means the remaining 90,000 will be spread equally to six months: the calculation will be 90,000/6.
Therefore, you must pay N15,000 each month.
How to make easybuy a payment
In other to make payment every month a customize app will be installed on the phone, The bank account you specify during registration will be linked to the app that is installed on your phone. Every month, the app will automatically remove N15,000 from your account, but you can choose to pay it manually as well.
What will happen if you don’t pay easybuy?
The message “Dear Customer, Your Easybuy Payment is Overdue, Kindly Make a Payment Today to Avoid Phone Lock” would up on your phone’s screen as a warning.
If you don’t pay within those three days after the due date, this text will stay on your phone screen for another three days, after which all of your phone’s apps will be locked with the exception of the Easy Buy and Bank apps. You won’t be able to use WhatsApp, Facebook, or any other apps, and you won’t be allowed to place calls either.
criteria for easybuy phones
Here are the list of items you should bring with you when buying easy buy phone in Nigeria.
- National identification number (NIN),
- bank verification number (BVN), and
- bank account,
- Phone number of your guarantor.
easybuy phone and present prices.
Also Read: Best Loan app in Nigeria
Below are the list and prices of most popular ones
- Infinix Smart 6 4G (X6511B) 6.6″, 2GB RAM + 32GB ROM, price – ₦ 66,000
- Infinix Hot 12 Play (X6816) 6.82″ HD+, 4GB – price ₦ 85,300
- Infinix Hot 11 4GB RAM, 128GB ROM – Price ₦ 115,000
- Infinix Note 11 Pro, 8GB/128GB Memory, Android 11 – price ₦ 160,000
- Infinix Note 11 Pro – 6.95″ FHD+ (8GB RAM, 128GB ROM – price ₦ 280,000
- Samsung Galaxy A03 Core, 2GB/32GB Memory – price ₦ 63,500
- Samsung Galaxy S9 5.8-Inch QHD (4GB, 64GB ROM) – Price ₦ 105,000
- Samsung Galaxy A13, 4GB/128GB Memory -price ₦ 123,700
- Samsung Galaxy S10, 8gb Ram 128gb Rom AMOLED HDR10+ price: – ₦ 170,000
- Tecno Pop 7 Pro (BF7) 6.6″, 3GB RAM(Up To 6GB) + 64GB ROM – price ₦ 67,000
- Tecno Spark 9T (KH6) 6.6″ HD+ 90Hz, 128GB ROM + 4GB ROM – price ₦ 97,000
- Tecno Camon 19 Pro 8GB 256GB – price ₦ 204,999
- Oppo A3S 64GB + 4GBRAM – 4G LTE – price ₦ 48,000
- Oppo Refurbished A83 4GB RAM+ 64GB Smart Phone – price ₦ 53,000
- Oppo A77s-6.56″,8/50+2MP,8/128GB – price ₦ 168,500
- Oppo A96 – 6.59″ (8GB RAM, 256GB ROM) – price ₦ 270,000
NOTE: the prices shown above are current prices as of the time this article was written; we will update this if there is a price change since we are all aware that phone prices fluctuate.
phones that are not available on easybuy
This is to let you know that some phones, like iPhones, are not offered on Easy Buy due to the fact that it would be very difficult to add a security app to them. Here are a few of the types of phones you cannot buy.
• iPhone 12
• iPhone 13
• iPhone 14
Also check out: Top 10 ways to make Money online in Nigeria